Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A year or so ago I weigh around 211lbs with about 30% body fat percentage. That means my LBM (lean body mass) was around 162lbs and fat weight was at 48.69 lbs. The numbers now stands at 201lbs and at 20.5% body fat, translating to 34.19 lbs of fat and 166.8 LBM. I gained around 4.8 lbs of muscle and lost 14.5 lbs of fat. I tried to eat as healthy as possible, but I guess it wasn’t enough to really boost my muscle gain. My training have been powerlifting based, thus more on the strength side, hypertrophy is just a side effect of the training.

Strength wise I could say I have improved a lot. When I started I can’t bench press a bare Olympic bar, can squat it properly too, and my deadlift was around 40kgs. Now my numbers are up, personal PRs stand at 77.5kgs for the bench press, 130kgs for the squat and 160kgs for the deads. I can also do pushups and dips, a year ago I can’t even hold on to the roman chair or support my bodyweight on the starting position of the pushups.

There are still a lot of room for improvement. For the next year I would like to bring down my body fat % about 5 points lower, increase my LBM by 10 lbs, reach 200kgs in the dead, bench press my body weight, and squat 150kgs, do 30 pushups, and 10 body weight dips, and be able to do even one un-assisted pullup and chinup. I think the goals I am setting are quite attainable for the next year. I myself was amazed since I didn’t think that I could sustain the 4 workout a week regimen. All my previous attempts were short lived, have no direction, and based on false information.

No comments: