Sunday, June 17, 2007

Board Press - Bench Press Board Presses




Board Press - Bench Press Board Presses: "How to make your own boards:
Boards are easy to make. To make a full set of boards (2 through 6-board), purchase 4-2x6 boards, 10 feet long.
Cut 5 36' lengths of board. These are the bottom of the stack, and the part the spotter holds.
Cut 15 18' lengths of board. These are the stacks.
For the 2-board, stack 1 18' board on a 36' board. Place one end even, and attach the two boards together. You can attach them any way you like; I have seen people use nails, glue, duct tape, you name it. I prefer to use 3' drywall screws. I use 6 screws to connect the two boards together. This makes a nice, tight arrangement.
For taller boards, repeat attaching the 18' board until you have the desired height.
I recommend making a full set of 2 through 5-boards. If you have long arms, a 6 board may also be useful. (by Shawn Lattimer from http://www.criticalbench.com/ including photos)"


Would try out this intructions to make my own boards. Currently I am using 5kg rubber coated plates. I can only manage to do 2 board presses, 3 boards are just to heavy! Just imagine 15kgs on your chest even before landing the barbell on it. I'll post pictures when I have them made.

No comments: