Sunday, August 19, 2007

max day august 20, 2007 deadlift

Very good workout today August 20, 2007.  Our goal for this session was to surpass the 160kgs low start deadlift we did last week.  We will be attempting 165.  The warmups were:
10repsx1setx60kgs - conventional stance
5x1x70kgs - low start from here on, two plates high
3x1x90kgs
going up to 155kgs
The warm up sets were fast.  I was feeling relaxed today and was thinking about the lift the night before. The 165kgs attempt was successful. Didn't feel any uneasiness.  The key was the quick setup, and aggressive attitude.  once setup is good and got my feet were it needs to be, I just pulled trying to get the pop off the bottom.  It worked just liked it did last week.  I took a 3 to 5 minute rest and coach added 5 kgs more.  We would be trying to do another PR at 170kgs.  Did the same routine and nailed the 170kgs again.  I think this is the first time I did two PRs on the same training session.  Thought I would not be able to lock it out but I got it.
 
Assistance:
round back good mornings 70kgs 3 sets of 8 reps each
narrow stance pull thrus 3x10
military press 3x8x30kgs, tried 40kgs but was just too tired
cable bicep curls 5x12
direct ab training 5x8 (total ab trainer)
 
Notes: my supplement regimen for the past two weeks (which seems to be working)
fish oil 3x a day after meals
gnc megamen twice daily 1 after bfast and 1 after dinner
BCAAs (Optimum Nutrition 2222 Amino softgels)
  • during workouts 1 in the morning, 1 at lunch, two 15 to 30 minutes before session and two after, if session seems to be going beyond 1 hr I take 1 in the middle of the session.
  • during non workout days 3 to 5 times
whey protein 1 scoop with skim milk in the morning with my breakfast, one again at night before sleeping
during workouts 1 serving (two scoops) 1 to 1.5 hrs before session, I observed that if I take it close to the session it gives me a bloated feeling.

No comments: