Monday, October 08, 2007

October 7, 2007

Goals for this next two months

Reduce bodyfat by 5%

Maintain strength

Maintain muscle mass

Dont over train

Low start deadlift

-worked my way upto 345lbs (156.5kgs), the plates at California Family Fitness are not rubber coated so if I use them as platform they would slip, I used the aerobic step nearby and set it at its lowest which is around 4 inches high. The aerobic step + the 45lb plates (they were about an inch lower than what I use in fitness first (25kg plates)). When I setup for the lift I was surprised on how low it was, it was like using 20kgs plates.

Romanian deadlift

5x6x225lbs (102.2kgs)

-used straps, no problem

Lat pulldown (narrow suppinated grip)

3x12x100lbs (after last set, dropped weight to 50lbs and did 12 more reps)

-no problem

Straight bar curls (used static barbell)

3x6x50lbs

-would have used 60lbs but was still feeling the burn from the suppinated lat pulldown (I should probably have done wide overhand grip to avoid too much biceps involvement)

Alternate dumbbell curls

3x12x15lbs

-kept it light since this is just the first week

HIIT 2:1 (active rest: max effort)

5 rounds of 2:1 on cycling machine

Note: was a good workout but seem to miss the kick of pre-workout BCAA, Creatine, and coffee.

No comments: