Thursday, August 24, 2006

Targets for next cycle

This week was rest week. My first training cycle was an 8 week cycle. For the next one I would make it a 12 week cycle. Haven’t discussed my targets for the next cycle with my coach but I guess they would probably be 140kg DL, 120kg SQT, 70kg BP. If I get to reach those targets I would be hitting above 300 total. I am raring to go training again. My guess is, coach would be focusing on the BP since it is the weakest among the three. My long term plan is to bench press 100kg by December.

For the coming month of September I would definitely get me a power cage. I have some ideas and pictures of what the rack would be. At the least it should be 7ft high, >3.5ft internal width, 3 to 3.5ft depth. Hole spacing should be at the most 2”. If ever I would need to set the pins somewhere in between, I would just use a platform to put the bench on for BP or to step on for DL. Aside from the power cage I would be needing a sturdy box for my box squats. I would need at least three, below (10-12”), parallel (14”), and above parallel (16”). I would design it to be stackable. The base would be, let’s say 10” then 2” cover (which serves as the seat). In between the base and the seat we could stack sections (2” thick) to get to parallel and above parallel. For the next cycle I would probably need additional plates, at least 2 20kg plates more from Ensayo.

No comments: