Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The light workout I had yesterday was quite good. I was done in about 35 minutes. I would be resting for the next two days in preparation for my PR attempts (it would be a raw attempt) on Saturday. My coach's assessment is that I am progressing above expection in my deadlifts, just about average on my squats, buy my bench is lagging. The likely explanation, which I think so myself is because of my body structure. I am what is called an A-frame or bottom heavy. My lower body is bigger than my upper body. After the PR attempts on Saturday (we would be simulating competition conditions) we would be revamping the program for the next training cycle. I will be posting the results of the PR attempt next time.

speed squat: 35kg x 8 x 2
speed bench: 20kg x 12 x 3 (three sets each for close-, mid-, wide grips)
speed deadlift: 40kg x 8 x 1

No comments: