Thursday, August 31, 2006

Max day bombout

I don’t know if I was too weak that day or the exercises were just too tough for me right now. The routine was (planned)

Low start deadlift 5x5 at 100kg

Dumbbell Romanian deadlift 5x8 @ 50lbs.

Bent over rows 3x10 @ 60kg

Good Mornings 3x10 @ 50kg.

The workout went this way

Drank a glass of choco milk 30 mins. with half a scoop of whey before the workout. Rested for a few minutes (~20 mins.)

Low start deadlift 5x5 at 100kg. I took 2 to 3 minutes rest between sets. It was tough. I stood on 2” plates and was using 20kg plates. I was taking a few second rests between reps. But I completed it as planned. Noticed numerous things during the lift. Setup is very vital. If the setup is wrong either the lift took too long to takeoff or my hands feels the pain. But generally in 95% of the reps my form is good, I know my form is good when I feel the effort to lift the weight comes from my lower body (pushing off the floor). I really felt drained. I felt that I could not get past the Bent over rows.

The next exercise was the Dumbell Romanian DL 5x8 @ 50lbs. I did not have enough plates for my dumbbells so I used 40lbs and used the same number of sets and reps. No problem with the routine. Took 1.5 to 2 minutes rest. I noticed during the exercise while resting that I was yawning and felt sleepy.

The third exercise was bent over rows 3x10 @ 60kg. This time things got a little more tough. I managed to finish the first set but just barely. My grip was giving out, it was just too painful. Could it be the gloves pinching the skin of my palm and fingers? Just to complete the routine I lowered the weight to 50kgs and added 2 reps for the last two sets. By this time I was still yawning and really doubtful that I could complete the workout. Around this time total time elapsed for the workout was around 50minutes.

I took about 3 minutes of rest and try to give the good mornings a try. I was able to unrack the barbell and setup for the good mornings. As soon as I was about to perform the first rep I did not feel I can push it back up. I was just too drained. Decided to stop the workout. I got frustrated in not finishing the workout but then again I also felt glad that I nailed the major exercise for the day. So I would rate the day at around 9 for toughness and around 7 for effort. Drank 8oz of chocomilk and half a scoop of whey to round out the workout.

No comments: