Sunday, August 27, 2006

Next Cycle

I just started a new training cycle today. It would be another 8 week cycle. After this we would try a 12 cycle and then a 6 week cycle. We are trying to find what cycle works for me. It was a good training day today. We did low box squats. It was 8 sets of 2 reps each of 60kg. the last time I did box squats on dynamic effort day I lifted around 50kg. After the squat we did speed deadlift. This time we tried sumo style. It was different. Different muscles were being used in the deadlift as compared to the conventional. I’ll give it a shot. We are trying to determine if I would be stronger in the conventional or in the sumo deadlift. After the deadlift we did speed shrugs. The speed shrugs was targeting the upperback for deadlift lockouts. Next was reverse hypers followed by 21’s (7 reps each of a variation of the bicep curl, low, high, and full). We did ab work last.

No comments: