Monday, September 18, 2006

Weekend workout and supplementation program

I got to use the lifting strap for the first time. It was very useful. I would ask a friend of mine to buy me one. Now I would have to choose what type. Would it be the cotton or the leather one?

I think the supplements are working. Was able to increase weights used last Sunday. Would be continuing supplementation for the next 8 to 9 weeks. I started supplementing WW37. Now with regards to dosage, I am currently taking 3 grams of glutamine everyday before going to sleep and last week I started using glutamine post workout. Starting this week I would be adding it too in my pre workout. I am also now taking creatine. I take around 5g. in the morning during off days and during workout days I take in 5g pre and 5g post. After what I have read and inputs from Marlon here is what I plan to do.

Glutamine:

Off day – 3g before sleeping

Light Workout days – 3g pre and 3g post + 3g before sleeping

Heavy workout days – 5g pre and 5g post + 3g before sleeping

*would be taking it 30 mins before workout and immediately after workout with carbs

Creatine:

Off day – 5g in the morning (after breakfast)

Light workout days – 5g pre and 5g post

Heavy workout days – 8g pre and 5g post

*cycling would be 8 weeks on 4 weeks off

Whey:

Off day – 1 scoop 3x a day ( am snack, pm snack, night snack (8pm))

Workout day – 1 scoop am snack, 2 scoops pre workout, post workout would be chocolate milk + glutamine and creatine, 30 mins. after 1 scoop in water

Multivitamins:

1 in the morning

1 after dinner

Liquids:

At least 10 glasses of water (~3.5liters)

12 glasses during workout days (~4.25liters)

2 comments:

Michael said...

If you just take your creatine at 5g every day cycling would not be necessary. I would reccommend you take your glutamine at 5g 3x daily every day and be sure to take some in the morning on an empty stomach mixed with your creatine(only use the creatine at this time on non workout days. On workout days use creatine post workout). Be sure your consuming enough water as this is one of the most overlooked aspects of supplementation.

Evill said...

Thanks michael. Supplements here in my country is quite expensive so my supplementation schedule also take that into consideration. But I guess to really get the full effect of the supplements it should be done properly.