Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Food!

I was trying to search for articles about the Philippines strongest man Richie Rosales when I came upon Eclipse’s Guide to Men’s Fitness. It was a nice article though I don’t agree with it entirely. After reading the article it made me rethink my diet. Am I eating enough? So far based on my last PR attempt I am doing good. But in my current training cycle I am finding difficulties. I have most difficulty during Max Day for squats/deadlift. I can’t complete the routines as given by Marlon. Is the weight too much? Marlon won’t be giving it if he knows I can’t do it. Also I am not bulking up fast enough, prompting Marlon to recommended the use of creatine. So far I am satisfied with creatine. The difficulty I was having with the max benchday is gone. I was able to add to my work set and completed the routines. I am also taking in glutamine. I have listed my target usage in a previous post. Though I may have to reduce the glutamine dosage since the whey I am using have 2grams per scoop. Now with regards to food! I would increase my intake till this cycle ends. I am now back to 1 rice during lunch, and drinking more whey. By the way I would also be cycling my whey intake together with my creatine, and glutamine supplements. I would need to bulk up. You need muscles to lift more weight, and you need to eat more to build muscles. I ensure I always have protein in whatever I eat. I would just try my very best to avoid fatty foods, junk food, and too much sweets. Starting tomorrow I would try to log all my food intake again, just to see if I am taking enough protein and carbs. Not to accurate but it is a step. To summarize ‘more food = more muscle = more strength = higher PRs’.

No comments: